Search

Newsletter image

Subscribe to the Newsletter

Join 10k+ people to get notified about new posts, news and tips.

Do not worry we don't spam!

GDPR Compliance

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing to use our site, you accept our use of cookies, Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Barcelona set to be BANNED from fielding two stars for the rest of the season as government get involved

Published on April 02, 2025 at 01:29 PM

BARCELONA stars Dani Olmo and Pau Victor face being booted out of the club’s squad for the rest of the season – after Spanish league bosses uncovered an alleged financial ruse to allow them to play.

LaLiga in January after the club announced the sale of 475 VIP seats in the rebuilt Camp Nou – still due to open before the end of this season – to a number of Middle East investors.

Dani Olmo of FC Barcelona during a La Liga match.
Dani Olmo could be banned from playing for Barcelona again this season
Pau Victor of FC Barcelona shoots at goal, while Sergio Herrera of CA Osasuna makes a save.
Team-mate Pau Victor also is at risk as Barcelona's accounts sparked action from LaLiga

The 30-year deals were said to have pumped £84million into the club’s finances, allowing them to meet LaLiga balance sheet rules.

It has now emerged that the paperwork confirming the deal was completed by a temporary accountant appointed by the club on December 31 after its arrangement with global firm Grant Thornton ran out.

But when new full-time accountancy firm, Crowe Spain, reported the official figures for this season by last month’s deadline, NONE of that sum was included.

In a damning statement, announced: “On January 3 2025, a certificate issued by the club’s new auditor was provided, recognising that the transaction was correctly recorded as income in the club’s Profit and Loss account for the current season.

“This documentation was necessary and essential to validate the accounting.

“Without these certificates, it would .

“Subsequently, in its Interim Financial Statements referring to the first half of the current season, no amount of the aforementioned corporate operation is finally recorded in the Profit and Loss account.

“That is contrary to what had been certified by the Club and the auditor at the time of the execution of said operation.”;;

The result was LaLiga informing Barcelona that the £84m leeway had been knocked off its spending limits for this season, with both players officially “unregistered”;;, while the auditor involved in January has been reported to Spain’s financial watchdog.

It puts the immediate playing future of the pair in the hands of the Spanish government, through its Sports Council, which is due to make a ruling in the coming days.

Barca are pinning their hopes on the Sports Council arguing that players have a right to work and that deregistering them now would unfairly prevent them from doing so.

But it could see further problems beyond a likely block on new signings this summer unless there are major sales to fill the financial void.

currently trail Barca by three points but would be likely to argue that their rivals’ position has been illegally strengthened by being able to field players who LaLiga now agrees should not have been available for selection.

Olmo has played in seven LaLiga games – bringing six wins and a draw – plus three matches in the Copa del Rey, one in the Spanish Super Cup and two in the Champions League since his registration was confirmed in January.

has appeared in five games in total this year.

Prev Article

The Mayor’s Back! Mayorkun’s Ready to Make His Comeback with New Album “Still The Mayor”

Next Article

Vegan activist who stole lamb to ‘save’ it GUILTY of animal abuse after she nearly killed it by feeding it cow’s milk

Related to this topic:

Comments (0):

Be the first to write a comment.

Post Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *