Search

Newsletter image

Subscribe to the Newsletter

Join 10k+ people to get notified about new posts, news and tips.

Do not worry we don't spam!

GDPR Compliance

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing to use our site, you accept our use of cookies, Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Canelo Alvarez shows off surgery on left hand after going under the knife for injury following Gennady Golovkin win

Published on November 02, 2022 at 01:41 PM

CANELO ALVAREZ showed off the aftermath of his left hand surgery following victory over Gennady Golovkin.

The Mexican superstar revealed his hand was so damaged before beating Golovkin that he could not even pick up a glass.

Canelo Alvarez showed off the aftermath of his left hand surgeryCanelo Alvarez needed the surgery after beating Gennady GolovkinSo after beating his old rival in their September trilogy bout, Canelo went under the knife.

He showed his cast being taken off and the stitches in his hand during an Instagram video.

Canelo, 32, revealed he has suffered problems in his left hand since November 2021, when he beat Caleb Plant, 30.

And after bettering Golovkin, 40, on points the four-division champion admitted he could be out for a whole year.

He said: “It hurts everywhere. I’ve had these issues since the Caleb Plant fight so I was like ‘it’s okay, later, later’.

“And then I started [to feel] really bad, I need surgery. It was really bad, really bad. It’s not broken it’s a meniscus, it’s a wrist injury, not broken.

“It’s ligaments, like a knee injury or something like that… I’m going to take the time my body needs.

“Last year I fought four times in 11 months, so that’s why. But I need to take my time a little bit, maybe May, September I need to take my time.”;

FREE BETS AND SIGN UP DEALS – BEST NEW CUSTOMER OFFERS

Canelo is eyeing a rematch with Dmitry Bivol, 31, the Russian light-heavyweight champion who beat him in May.

But Bivol first defends his WBA title against Gilberto Ramirez, 31, on Saturday in Abu Dhabi.

He told Sporting News on a rematch with Canelo: “It could happen, this fight, but it doesn’t motivate me as much as it did before.

“Of course, I would take this fight if I don’t have another choice. We could make this fight but it’s not my priority fight now.”;

Dmitry Bivol beat Canelo Alvarez

Prev Article

Arsenal facing fight to keep hold of William Saliba with Atletico Madrid eyeing up free transfer move for defender

Next Article

Man Utd and Co to REJECT Argentina’s request to leave players out of final round of Prem games to rest for World Cup

Related to this topic:

Comments (0):

Be the first to write a comment.

Post Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *