Search

Newsletter image

Subscribe to the Newsletter

Join 10k+ people to get notified about new posts, news and tips.

Do not worry we don't spam!

GDPR Compliance

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing to use our site, you accept our use of cookies, Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Conor McGregor facing UFC rankings axe but Dana White says star ‘definitely wants to come back’ in 2023 return

Published on November 17, 2022 at 02:57 PM

CONOR McGREGOR is facing exiting the UFC rankings... but Dana White said he “definitely wants to come back next year.”;

The Irishman is currently rated No13 in the lightweight division, just two places inside the top 15.

Conor McGregor is facing exiting the UFC rankingsUFC President Dana White said Conor McGregor ‘definitely wants to come back next year’It comes following over a year of inactivity amid the horror leg injury he suffered in his last fight.

But McGregor – who was also busy filming his Hollywood debut – is back training again and primed for a huge comeback in 2023.

UFC president White said: “He’s been posting videos of himself training and he’s just done filming a movie.

“He definitely wants to come back next year.”;

McGregor, 34, has been sidelined since breaking his leg in the first round of his trilogy bout against Dustin Poirier, 33, in July 2021.

The former two-weight UFC champion underwent surgery and a successful rehab over the last year.

But a return to the octagon was ruled out after undertaking his first Hollywood role.

McGregor is starring in a reboot of Patrick Swayze’s 1989 classic Roadhouse, alongside Jake Gyllenhaal.

JOIN SUN VEGAS: GET A FREE £10 BONUS WITH 100s OF GAMES TO PLAY AND NO DEPOSIT REQUIRED (Ts&Cs apply)

But it has paved the way for superstar to make a massive return to the cage next year, following a callout from Michael Chandler, 36.

Chandler said: “I think at this point he’ll come back and look at the suitors.

“I don’t think I’m the easiest fight that he could take, but I am the biggest fight that he could take.

“I think Conor McGregor stepping back in the octagon does big numbers no matter what.

“But Conor McGregor stepping inside the octagon with me does staggering numbers.

“I respect him, I would love to see him come back and maybe I’ll be the guy that he comes back and fights.”;

Conor McGregor back training in Ireland
Prev Article

WWE star Maryse Mizanin leaves nothing to the imagination with eye-popping selfies in tiny bikini while on beach break

Next Article

‘Kizz Daniel Live In Lagos’ Concert This December | Here’s All You Need to Know

Related to this topic:

Comments (0):

Be the first to write a comment.

Post Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *