Search

Newsletter image

Subscribe to the Newsletter

Join 10k+ people to get notified about new posts, news and tips.

Do not worry we don't spam!

GDPR Compliance

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing to use our site, you accept our use of cookies, Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Anthony Joshua called out for blockbuster Wembley showdown by Deontay Wilder as American’s coach vows to KO Brit

Published on October 26, 2022 at 01:01 PM

DEONTAY WILDER would knock Anthony Joshua out cold if the long-time rivals were to ever share the ring, the American’s coach has claimed.

A showdown between the former heavyweight champions is a real possibility next year as they’re both bidding to get back into the title picture.

Deontay Wilder returned to the win column earlier this monthThe former WBC heavyweight champion laid out Robert Helenius with a single punchA grudge match with Brit Anthony Joshua could be on the cards next yearWilder’s head coach Malik Scott reckons the American would mop the floor with AJEx-WBC king first-round knockout of Robert Helenius, a result his head coach Malik Scott believes he’d replicate in a Wembley war with AJ.

He told BonusBetCodes: “What makes me more excited about Wilder-AJ at Wembley in front of 80,000 is the result.

“The result is, once AJ falls, all those people are going to stand up and Deontay is going to embrace them all.”;

Wilder, 37, used a more measured approach against former sparring partner Helenius before detonating a nuclear right hand flush on the Swedish giant’s chin.

Scott said: “A disciplined Deontay is so dangerous.

“Deontay is the kind of fighter who doesn’t need to punish you before he does what he does to you.

“He creates a comfortable environment and the minute you become comfortable, we become a rude house guest. And it’s lights out from there.”;

Wilder and Joshua were on course to face one another in 2018 when the pair held all the heavyweight titles.

JOIN SUN VEGAS: GET A FREE £10 BONUS WITH 100s OF GAMES TO PLAY AND NO DEPOSIT REQUIRED (Ts&Cs apply)

But Bronze Bomber Wilder turned down a whopping three-fight undisputed deal worth close to £100million as he felt he was being undervalued.

The American is hellbent on settling the score by his career is over, telling The Good Fight: “Me and Joshua should have fought years ago, I could have been the undisputed champion.

“The chance isn’t gone, we are both still in the business of fighting so that opportunity will always be there.

“People still always stop me and ask when I’m fighting Joshua. Some people still think that’s the biggest fight in the world, between us two.

“It is the No1 match-up that people still always ask me about.

“It’s not a matter of ‘if’ the fight happens. It’s a matter of when, we just need the tight timing.”;

He added: “We will not fall in line with Eddie Hearn’s games? They drained us.

“We dealt with Eddie Hearn for around six months and they just gave us the round around.

“They have their story, which they tell everyone, but I know the facts and he is a big manipulator.”;

Prev Article

ICC T20 World Cup 2022: Fixtures, results and groups for tournament Down Under

Next Article

Need Halloween Costume Ideas? Look at these 10 from Nollywood

Related to this topic:

Comments (0):

Be the first to write a comment.

Post Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *