Search

Newsletter image

Subscribe to the Newsletter

Join 10k+ people to get notified about new posts, news and tips.

Do not worry we don't spam!

GDPR Compliance

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing to use our site, you accept our use of cookies, Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

‘I see myself at Barcelona for a long time… hopefully 10 YEARS’ – Frenkie de Jong deals Man Utd huge transfer blow

Published on November 20, 2022 at 06:41 PM

BARCELONA star Frenkie de Jong has dealt Manchester United a major transfer blow after expressing how happy he is at the club.

Man Utd were desperate to bring De Jong to Old Trafford in the summer but a move did not materialise.

Frenkie De Jong has again tried to put to bed specualtion he will join Man UtdThe Dutchman was supposedly being forced out the club but he decided to stay at Barca and he has now said he sees his long-term future there.

De Jong told De Telegraaf: “I am very happy in Barcelona. When I play it’s great and in terms of living here life is perfect.

“I see myself at Barcelona for as long as possible. I personally hope for another eight or ten years.”;

The 25-year-old has fallen out of favour at Barcelona this season starting just two of their six Champions League group games but despite previous reports, he is not unhappy at manager Xavi.

De Jong said: “I never got the feeling that Xavi was against me. To the media he said that he was happy with me but that there’s also the financial part of the club.

“I really don’t put the blame on Xavi.”;

This is not the first time De Jong has tried to shut down rumours about him leaving the Nou Camp.

He had previously said: “I always wanted to stay at Barcelona and this is why I always remained calm in the summer.”;

PLAY OUR DREAM TEAM WORLD CUP FANTASY FOOTBALL GAME TO WIN A SHARE OF £50k

Reports suggest that Man Utd were hoping to go back in for De Jong in January and battle Chelsea for his signature but the player is maintaining his stance from the summer of not wanting to go.

However, Barca could be forced into selling him due to their ongoing financial difficulties that even led to De Jong accepting a wage cut.

If he does stay at the Catalan giants he could feature against Man Utd in the Europa League next year.

Prev Article

Dillian Whyte willing to take PAY CUT to secure Anthony Joshua trilogy fight as he targets revenge for brutal KO loss

Next Article

World Cup 2022 – England vs Iran: Stream FREE, TV channel, kick-off time and team news for Three Lions’ opener

Related to this topic:

Comments (0):

Be the first to write a comment.

Post Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *