Search

Newsletter image

Subscribe to the Newsletter

Join 10k+ people to get notified about new posts, news and tips.

Do not worry we don't spam!

GDPR Compliance

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing to use our site, you accept our use of cookies, Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

BREAKING: Nationwide blackout as national grid collapses again

Published on September 19, 2023 at 08:08 PM

Another national grid collapse has resulted in a nationwide blackout, FLYING EZE has learnt.

FLYING EZE gathered that the national grid collapsed around 11:31 a.m. on Tuesday.

In an exclusive chat with DAILY POST, Emeka Ezeh, Head of Corporate Communications, Enugu Electricity Distribution Company, EEDC, confirmed that the company lost supply from the grid around 11:31 a.m. on Tuesday.

“In fact, since about 11.31 am, we lost supply. There has not been supply in our network. That’s our situation, but no concrete confirmation yet that it is due to a system collapse”;, he said.

On Tuesday afternoon, Kunle Kola Olubiyo, President, Nigeria Consumer Protection Network, suggested that the country has recorded another grid collapse.

“Another grid collapse. Frequency reduced to 47, No Spinning reserve amid load rejection? What’s going on ???”; he said in a post on a WhatsApp group.

FLYING EZE earlier on Tuesday reported a power outage in parts of the Federal Capital Territory, FCT.

But the Abuja Distribution Company attributed the development to a fault in its feeder.

Prev Article

Airstrikes Destroys "Illegal" Refineries In Rivers State

Next Article

BBNaija All Stars: Whitemoney denies asking Uriel out

Related to this topic:

Comments (0):

Be the first to write a comment.

Post Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *