Search

Newsletter image

Subscribe to the Newsletter

Join 10k+ people to get notified about new posts, news and tips.

Do not worry we don't spam!

GDPR Compliance

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing to use our site, you accept our use of cookies, Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Frank Warren reveals Tyson Fury’s next three fights in heavyweight title plan in devastating blow to Anthony Joshua

Published on October 29, 2022 at 05:22 PM

FRANK WARREN has outlined his heavyweight title plan for 2023.

The Queenberry promoter is plotting a pathway to a summer title bout between his heavyweights Tyson Fury and Joe Joyce – and NOT Matchroom’s Anthony Joshua.

Frank Warren has mapped out Tyson Fury’s next 12 monthsWarren wants Joe Joyce to earn a title fightFury, 34, is set to take on Derek Chisora in their trilogy bout on December 3 at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.

And speaking to Queensberry’s YouTube channel, Warren revealed that he wants the Chisora fight to be the first of three visits to the ring for Fury in the next 12 months.

As reported by boxing writer Oleksandr Usyk in February or March.

Should Fury come through against the WBA, IBF, WBO and IBO champion – Warren wants him to return in the summer to fight Joyce.

The Juggernaut, 37, is 15-0 as a professional and is coming off an impressive win against Joseph Parker last month.

Speaking on Instagram after Joyce’s win over Parker, Fury was generous in his praise of the Londoner.

He said: “I’ve had a lovely day of watching boxing, watching all of the big fights and studying all the heavyweights.

“And I’ve gotta say that big Joe Joyce is the second best heavyweight in the world, behind myself.”;

JOIN SUN VEGAS: GET A FREE £10 BONUS WITH 100s OF GAMES TO PLAY AND NO DEPOSIT REQUIRED (Ts&Cs apply)

He then added: “And on his day, given his moment, who knows if he could beat me or not? I think we’ll have to find out one of the days.

“But just looked at these prospects, who’s mandatory for the world titles. [Zhilei] Zhangs and [Igor] Jurkovics and everybody else.

“I’ve changed my mind and I think big Joe Joyce is number two heavyweight in the world, and who knows if he’s number one?”;

Warren wants to arrange a fight for Joyce in February... before putting him in with Fury.

This may be where Joshua COULD force his way into Warren’s equation, however, with the Juggernaut having called him out.

Speaking to SunSport, Joyce said: “I don’t think Usyk’s going to fight me, he’s going to fight Fury first.

“But yeah, the Joshua fight is one that I’d like to do. “I’d like to bash him up.”

Anthony Joshua is currently out of the title equation
Prev Article

‘It’s the right time’ – former England striker Mick Channon retires after glittering training career

Next Article

Leicester 0 Man City 1 LIVE RESULT: De Bruyne STRIKE seals three points for Guardiola’s side in Haaland’s absence

Related to this topic:

Comments (0):

Be the first to write a comment.

Post Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *