Search

Newsletter image

Subscribe to the Newsletter

Join 10k+ people to get notified about new posts, news and tips.

Do not worry we don't spam!

GDPR Compliance

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing to use our site, you accept our use of cookies, Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

He didn’t want to go – Man demands justice over son’s death during Kano Durbar

Published on April 03, 2025 at 10:38 AM

Muhammadu Rabiu, father of the late Surajo Rabiu, a vigilante who was stabbed to death while accompanying the entourage of Emir Muhammadu Sanusi II after Eid prayers, has called for justice and compensation from the Kano State Government and the Kano Emirate Council.

In an exclusive interview with SolaceBase on Tuesday, the grieving father recounted the tragic sequence of events that led to his son's death on Sunday, March 30, 2025.

Surajo, aged 26 and the fourth of twelve children, was a member of the Vigilante Group in Jaba Community, Fagge Local Government Area of Kano State.

According to Muhammadu Rabiu, his son had initially decided against attending the Eid prayer to focus on his electrical repair business. However, he changed his mind approximately 20 minutes later, put on his vigilante uniform, and left for the prayer ground. Hours later, his family received the devastating news of his death.

“On Eid day, before the incident occurred, Surajo was getting ready, as usual, to attend the Eid prayer. As a member of the vigilante group in our community, he was often invited to join security forces during public events to help provide security,”; Muhammadu Rabiu explained.

He described Surajo as a loyal and hardworking young man known for his dedication to his duties and his electrical repair business.

“Surajo was a good son, always obedient to my wishes and instructions. Everyone who knew him can attest to his good character and respect for others. He never associated with undesirable individuals,”; the bereaved father said.

The family is demanding a thorough investigation into the incident, which occurred during the entourage of Emir Sanusi Lamido II, despite a police ban on Durbar-related activities for security reasons. The attack claimed the life of Surajo Rabiu and left another individual, Aminu Suleman from Kofar Mata Quarters, injured and currently receiving treatment at Murtala Mohammed Specialists Hospital.

“We are calling on the Kano State Government and the Kano Emirate Council to thoroughly investigate this matter, deliver justice, and provide compensation for his death. He was serving as a security officer, protecting lives and property, and he died while on duty,”; Muhammadu Rabiu appealed.

He also indicated plans to engage the leadership of the Vigilante Group to determine what actions would be taken on behalf of his deceased son.

The Kano State Police Command had earlier announced the arrest of two suspects, Usman Sagiru and Nasir Idris, in connection with the incident. A Special Investigation Panel (SIP) has been constituted by the Kano State Police Commissioner, CP Ibrahim Adamu Bakori, to probe the incident and ensure that justice is served.

Prev Article

We were shocked to come back from holiday to find council had taken our £22k Mercedes & SOLD it… don’t make same mistake

Next Article

Adam Devine ‘told he is dying by doctor’ after horrifying injuries from being hit by a cement truck as a child

Related to this topic:

Comments (0):

Be the first to write a comment.

Post Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *