Search

Newsletter image

Subscribe to the Newsletter

Join 10k+ people to get notified about new posts, news and tips.

Do not worry we don't spam!

GDPR Compliance

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing to use our site, you accept our use of cookies, Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Huge Disney remake on hold ‘indefinitely’ after Snow White bombs at box office

Published on April 04, 2025 at 04:04 PM

A HUGE Disney movie reboot is on hold after the company's big budget Snow White offering bombs at the box office.

Snow White was meant to be one of Disney's biggest releases in recent years but has hugely underperformed and become a box office bomb after being shrouded in controversy and generating very little public interest.

Rachel Zegler in a red hooded cloak in a scene from "Snow White."
Disney have axed plans for another live-action remake after Snow White underperformed
Flynn and Rapunzel from Tangled.
Plans for a live-action remake of Tangled have been put on hold

Now, it is being reported that the disaster has caused Disney to re-think their plans for another live-action movie remake that was understood to be in the works.

Sources have told Variety that plans to commence work on a live-action remake of the 2010 movie Tangled have been paused as a result of the Snow White disaster.

It is not yet clear if Disney hope to pick up the Tangled remake in the future or if it has been shelved for good.

Plans to bring Tangled to life were in full swing with The Greatest Showman director Michael Gracey on board to direct the flick.

Jennifer Kaytin Robinson was also attached to the project as a scriptwriter.

Whilst it appears the company have been able to pause Tangled in its early stages – two other live action remakes are already virtually complete and as such will continue to receive the backing of Disney.

A live-action release of Lilo and Stitch is due for release later in the year whilst Disney will be releasing a remake of 2016's Moana on its 10th anniversary in July 2026.

The new version of Snow White, which features Rachel Zegler in the leading role, has seen an enormous amount of backlash upon it's release.

The film's release saw it about what viewers would expect in the classic family fairytale.

Viewers are informed thatof the 1937 classic features a woman being “deliberately poisoned”;.

The British Board of Classification also warns that “a character threatens to shove something up another’s backside during a comic exchange”;.

Elsewhere, “characters drink briefly”; in the film, which has been shrouded in controversy.

Actress , 23, who plays Snow White, said the original Prince Charming acted like a “stalker”;.

She also refused to sing Someday My Prince Will Come because she felt it was “weird”;.

Andrew Burnap and Rachel Zegler in Snow White.
The current Snow White movie has been engulfed in backlash

bosses have been criticised for using CGI dwarves instead of casting real actors.

star Peter ­Dinklage slammed them for even “making that f***ing backwards story about seven dwarves living in a cave together”;.

The film has so far grossed $145million worldwide – a huge under-performance and currently stands at making Disney a $50miilion+ loss.

Prev Article

Fashion fans are raving about ‘comfiest trousers ever’ from M&S – they’ll keep you cool in summer & come in 11 colours

Next Article

FCMB Group Reports N111.9 billion in Profit Before Tax for 2024

Related to this topic:

Comments (0):

Be the first to write a comment.

Post Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *