Search

Newsletter image

Subscribe to the Newsletter

Join 10k+ people to get notified about new posts, news and tips.

Do not worry we don't spam!

GDPR Compliance

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing to use our site, you accept our use of cookies, Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Iran abandons Houthi rebels to their fate under relentless Trump strikes as Ayatollah braces for looming US onslaught

Published on April 04, 2025 at 09:13 AM

IRAN has ordered its military troops to abandon Houthi terrorists and leave Yemen amid relentless airstrikes from the US.

Supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei is reportedly amassing troops to brace for potential US airstrikes after Trump threatened to bomb the regime.

Portrait of Ayatollah Ali Khamenei speaking into a microphone.
Ayatollah Ali Khamenei speaking during a meeting in Tehran
Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps soldiers marching in formation during a military parade.
Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC)
A group of men holding rocket-propelled grenades.
Yemen's Iran-backed Houthi have been attacking cargo ships amid the Israel-Hamas war
Portrait of Donald Trump.
Donald Trump has vowed to bomb Iran ‘like never before

Trump has been bombarding Houthi targets in Yemen after the proxy terror group ,and its accompanying warships within 24 hours.

He threatened to hold Iran accountable for “every shot” the Houthis fire from now.

The president also vowed to bomb Iran “like never before” if the regime does not fall in lineand strike up a new nuclear dealwith the US.

Tehran was slapped with a chilling deadline to either sign a new agreement or potentially face military action – which Khamenei refused to agree to.

One senior Iranian military official said that the regime's decision to ditch their support for the Houthis was made to prepare for a direct conflict with the US, according to The Telegraph.

The source said that Tehran wants to focus more on the threat from Donald Trump rather than spending its resources on its proxy network in the Middle East.

They said: “The view here is that the Houthis will not be able to survive and are living their final months or even days, so there is no point in keeping them on our list.

“They were part of a chain that relied on Nasrallah [the former secretary-general of Hezbollah] and Assad, and keeping only one part of that chain for the future makes no sense.”;

“Tehran’s primary concern is Trump and how to deal with him.”

“Every meeting is dominated by discussions about him, and none of the regional groups we previously supported are being discussed.”

It comes just days after Flying Eze exclusively revealed how the which was “long overdue”.

A senior Israeli politician intold Flying Eze it is more important now than ever to stop Iranian Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei’s nuclear ambitions.

Flying Eze also .

Sources insideexposed how Houthi activities are being directly commanded by senior members of Tehran’s IRGC Quds Force.

The leading official is IRGC Brigadier General Abdolreza Shahlai, who is in charge of all military, political, and economic matters related to the regime’s intervention in Yemen – including all Houthi attacks.

Among his damning track record was a plot to assassinate the Saudi ambassador in Washington, which was foiled in October 2011.

Shahlai – based in the Quds Force headquarters in Qasr-e Firouzeh district – goes by the nickname Haj Yusuf and has a $15 million (£11.5m) bounty on his head.

The US government has offered the eye-watering reward for the financial activities, networks, and associates of Shahlai.

Other key figures involved in directing Houthi's actions are Quds Force commander-in-chief Brigadier General Ismail Qaani, Brigadier General Mohammad Reza Fallahzadeh, deputy Quds Force commander, and an IRGC commander nicknamed Abu Fatemeh.

Houthi rebels in Yemen have – sinking at least two and killing four sailors.

Houthis, who are funded by the Iranian regime, operate on rudimentary intelligence and military equipment provided by the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC).

Trump has threatened to hold Iran accountable for “every shot” the Houthis fire.

ON THE EDGE

In a chilling letter delivered to Iran's Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei on March 7, Trump suggested direct negotiations of a fresh nuclear agreement between the two counties.

But he also warned of the consequences if Iran were to reject the offer and continue to advance its nuke programme.

However, over the weekend, Iran rejected the US proposal to engage in direct negotiations over the future of Tehran's nuclear plans.

The snub saw a furious Trump rip into the regime and threaten to strike Iran.

He said he would slap Tehran with further sanctions under his administration's maximum pressure policy to cripple its economy.

Trump told NBC: “If they don't make a deal, there will be bombing.

“It will be bombing the likes of which they have never seen before.”

Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei responded to Trump's threat, saying the US would receive a strong blow if they decide to act.

Khamenei said: “The enmity from the US and Israel has always been there.

“They threaten to attack us, which we don't think is very probable, but if they commit any mischief, they will surely receive a strong reciprocal blow.

“And if they are thinking of causing sedition inside the country, as in past years, the Iranian people themselves will deal with them.”

Navy fighter jet launching from aircraft carrier.
A US Super Hornet attack fighter jet takes off from the USS Truman aircraft carrier before striking Yemen on March 16, 2025
Ship launching a missile at night.
US forces carry out precision airstrikes, kicking off a series of attacks against the Houthis
B-2 Spirit bomber with two fighter jets flying above a cloudy sky.
The US amassed at least five B-2 strategic bombers on the British island of Diego Garcia
Missile launch.
Senior Israeli diplomatic sources say Iran is closer than ever to developing nukes

LOCKING TARGETS

The war of words came as the US amassed at least five B-2 strategic bombers on the British island of Diego Garcia – all aimed at Iran.

Iran is over 2,300 miles from where the bombers are stationed – but the B-2s have a massive 6,900-mile range.

The heavy bombers can obliterate targets with their huge 25-tonne bomb payload per jet.

It had beenafteragainst them two weeks ago.

Meanwhile, reports also emerged revealing Tehran's preparation for a potential US strike.

Iran is said to be readying itself by setting up missiles with the capability to strike US positions, The Tehran Times revealed.

A significant number of these weapons are located in underground facilities scattered across the country, designed to withstand airstrikes.

Prev Article

‘It’s not easy to get pelters right at your face’ – James Maddison reveals awkward confrontation with Tottenham fans

Next Article

Stephen Bunting handed odd prize after ending ten-year winless run to triumph in Premier League Darts Berlin

Related to this topic:

Comments (0):

Be the first to write a comment.

Post Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *