Search

Newsletter image

Subscribe to the Newsletter

Join 10k+ people to get notified about new posts, news and tips.

Do not worry we don't spam!

GDPR Compliance

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing to use our site, you accept our use of cookies, Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Jake Paul says Dana White is the reason he is facing Anderson Silva after UFC boss ‘guaranteed’ he would’t accept fight

Published on October 29, 2022 at 12:15 AM

JAKE PAUL revealed Dana White is the reason he is fighting UFC legend Anderson Silva.

The YouTuber-turned boxer returns over the weekend in Arizona for his first bout in ten months.

Anderson Silva and Jake Paul ahead of their fightUFC president Dana White has feuded with Jake PaulIt will be his third opponent formerly of the UFC, following knockout wins over Ben Askren, 38, and Tyron Woodley, 40, last year.

But UFC president White claimed last year that Paul would not dare challenge Brazilian icon Silva.

He said: “I f***ing guarantee you this, you ain’t gonna see Jake Paul calling Anderson Silva out.

“That I f***ing promise you. He’s his size, and he’s actually good. He’s old, which is what Jake Paul looks for, he likes to fight old guys.”;

But Paul wanted to prove his promotional rival wrong and claimed White feels threatened by him.

He said: “I think it’s because I’m the No1 figurehead that is exposing his business model and how much of a shark he is and how poorly he treats his fighters.

“He said I wouldn’t fight Anderson Silva, who is one of UFC’s greats, and now here I am fighting him.

“And he largely, in part, promoted that. He’s the reason why I took this fight... it’s to prove him wrong and shut him the hell up.”

FREE BETS AND SIGN UP DEALS – BEST NEW CUSTOMER OFFERS

Paul last fought in December, knocking out Woodley, 40, four months after beating the ex-UFC champion on points.

That added to KOs over online rival AnEsonGib, ex-NBA star Nate Robinson, 38, and retired UFC welterweight Askren.

Woodley only filled in on under two weeks’ notice after Tommy Fury, 23, pulled out of his grudge match against Paul with a rib injury.

The celeb mega-fight was rescheduled for August in New York – but that was soon KO’d when Fury suffered US visa issues.

Heavyweight Hasim Rahman Jr, 31, signed as a substitute, only for lightning to strike twice, this time due to a weight disagreement.

Paul’s return against Silva was briefly thrown into doubt when the UFC great claimed he was knocked out TWICE in sparring.

The MMA icon – speaking at the open workout – later clarified that his quotes were lost in translation and he was only joking.

But the Arizona commission reacted by organising a meeting at 6.30pm local time to discuss the claims.

Silva took an MRI scan on Wednesday, which – along with previous medical exams – all came back with “pristine”; results.

It cleared the way for the pair to headline over eight rounds on Saturday night.

Jake Paul and Anderson Silva fight over eight rounds on Saturday

Prev Article

‘If I meet him I’ll cause him problems’ – Hasbulla fires sensational warning to Conor McGregor after signing UFC deal

Next Article

No excuse for Klopp or Conte’s recent antics but refs must improve communication and take accountability for decisions

Related to this topic:

Comments (0):

Be the first to write a comment.

Post Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *