Search

Newsletter image

Subscribe to the Newsletter

Join 10k+ people to get notified about new posts, news and tips.

Do not worry we don't spam!

GDPR Compliance

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing to use our site, you accept our use of cookies, Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Jake Paul vs Conor McGregor could be ‘a lot more competitive than Notorious against Floyd Mayweather, Eddie Hearn claims

Published on October 27, 2022 at 04:07 PM

BOXING promoter Eddie Hearn threw his support behind Jake Paul fighting Conor McGregor.

The YouTuber-turned-boxer has repeatedly declared his interest in pitting his wits against the UFC star, where he claims he will knock the Irishman out.

Jake Paul is 5-0 inside the boxing ring ahead of his bout against Anderson SilvaConor McGregor has had one boxing fight – a KO loss to the legend Floyd MayweatherIt would be a real battle of the novices with Paul 5-0 inside the squared circle, while the Notorious has had one fight in boxing – a KO defeat against Floyd Mayweather in August 2017.

Paul is currently preparing to face Anderson Silva on October 29 after a bout to face Tommy Fury was scrapped for a second time.

But Hearn wants to see Paul take on McGregor in the ring.

Speaking to Sirius XM Boxing in late 2020, the Matchroom boss said: “I think it’s reasonably competitive, especially with the weight difference.

“Jake Paul vs Conor McGregor is a lot more competitive than Conor vs Floyd Mayweather.”;

McGregor and Paul have been embroiled in a war-of-words in social media, with the Dublin native labelling the American as a “flop”; and a “nobody”;.

His comments came after Paul talked up a clash against McGregor in an interview with the MMA Hour.

Paul said his rival must get active again with the 34-year-old still recovering from a broken leg he suffered against Dustin Poirier last year.

He told Ariel Helwani: “I think for me, fighting a couple more times, continuing to knock some people out, and he has to get active again, who knows when that’s gonna happen?

“I think those two things need to happen, and then at some point, it’s gotta happen.

He added: “You know, why not? He’s a businessman, I’m a businessman, and that’s $75 to $100 million [£63m-£84.3m]for both of us.”;

McGregor was quick to reply to the interview as he took to social media to criticise Paul.

Commenting on the unbeaten 5-0 ace, he tweeted: “You’ve [had] 2 fights and done 70k buys.”;

Eddie Hearn thinks McGregor vs Paul would be ‘competitive’
Prev Article

Man Utd legend Dwight Yorke reveals secret talks with Cristiano Ronaldo six-months ago that club want kept quiet

Next Article

Inside Roger Federer’s teenage bedroom with Pamela Anderson and Michael Jordan pics as tennis ace’s hair bleached blonde

Related to this topic:

Comments (0):

Be the first to write a comment.

Post Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *