Search

Newsletter image

Subscribe to the Newsletter

Join 10k+ people to get notified about new posts, news and tips.

Do not worry we don't spam!

GDPR Compliance

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing to use our site, you accept our use of cookies, Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Jamaican rapist can’t be deported because his crimes are TOO severe & put his ‘life at risk’ back home

Published on April 04, 2025 at 08:02 AM

A JAMAICAN rapist cannot be deported because his crimes are too severe and would put his “life at risk” in his home country.

The convicted sex attacker entered a witness protection program on the island as a child.

This was because his mother testified about a murder committed by a gang leader.

He later relocated to the UK where he was sent to multiple times for rape, unlawful wounding and burglaries.

The tried to deport him but he appealed on the grounds that he would not be allowed back into witness protection in Jamaica.

His argument was initially dismissed but has now been allowed by an tribunal on grounds.

Now the criminal – who was granted anonymity – will be allowed to remain in the UK.

The appeal level of the Immigration and Asylum Chamber was told the sex offender entered the UK in 2001 as a visitor.

As a child his mother was a informant for many years and aided the conviction and imprisonment of a gang leader for murder.

As a result of this the family entered Jamaican witness protection in 1997, the year he turned 13, and two years later his mother relocated to the UK.

He stayed in Jamaica and was moved around several times by the witness protection team.

After entering the UK in 2001, the criminal was initially granted leave to remain as a student and then became a visa overstayer.

Entrance to Field House, UK Visas and Immigration.
General view of the Upper Tribunal Immigration and Asylum Chamber, Field House

He applied for asylum in 2006 but while his application was pending he was convicted of unlawful wounding and burglaries.

He was given a prison sentence of four years and eight months in 2009.

Four years later, and by then an adult, he was jailed for nine years for rape.

Following his release he was recalled to prison in November 2022.

The Home Office first issued a deportation order in 2019 on the basis that his convictions excluded him from refugee protection.

The Jamaican appealed this on the grounds he would be “at risk” if he was sent back.

Prior to the hearing, the Home Office contacted the Jamaican Ministry of National Security to confirm if he had been in the witness protection program.

Officials in Jamaica said the likelihood of harm to him would be “high” and there was also a risk of “psychological trauma” if he returned.

The Ministry added there was “no guarantee” he would be accepted back into witness protection.

His 2023 appeal was dismissed on the basis there was a “real possibility” he would be allowed back into witness protection.

However, a judge has now ruled that decision was wrong.

Judge Leonie Hirst said there was a “real risk” the rapist would not be allowed back into witness protection.

Prev Article

Community urges Gov Otu to expedite police barracks completion

Next Article

I turned my garden into a trickling oasis using clever B&M bargains – £1 buy made a world of difference

Related to this topic:

Comments (0):

Be the first to write a comment.

Post Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *