Search

Newsletter image

Subscribe to the Newsletter

Join 10k+ people to get notified about new posts, news and tips.

Do not worry we don't spam!

GDPR Compliance

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing to use our site, you accept our use of cookies, Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Kano: Police set up panel to investigate Durbar-related violence

Published on April 04, 2025 at 06:11 PM

The Commissioner of Police, Kano State Command, CP Ibrahim Adamu Bakori, has inaugurated an eight-member Special Investigation Panel to probe the violence that erupted during the procession of Emir Muhammadu Sanusi II after the Eid prayers on Sunday, March 30, 2025.

DAILY POST recalls that the violent incident led to the death of one Surajo Rabiu, a vigilante member from Sabon Titi Jaba Quarters, while Aminu Suleman from Kofar Mata Quarters sustained injuries and is currently receiving treatment at the Murtala Mohammed Specialist Hospital, Kano.

The Kano Police Public Relations Officer, SP Abdullahi Haruna Kiyawa, in a statement said the panel is tasked with identifying both the immediate and remote causes of the violence, as well as investigating any defiance of the Command’s earlier ban on Durbar and horse-riding activities throughout the Sallah celebrations due to security concerns in the state.

The Commissioner of Police, Ibrahim Adamu Bakori said the security of Kano State remains the Command's top priority, adding, “We will ensure that anyone found responsible for this unfortunate incident is brought to justice.”;

The statement further disclosed that the police had already arrested two suspects in connection with the incident: 20-year-old Usman Sagiru of Sharifai Quarters and 35-year-old Nasir Idris of Kofar Mazugal Quarters.

It added thar the Command has extended an invitation to the Shamakin Kano, Alhaji Wada Isyaku, for questioning regarding alleged defiance of the Durbar ban.

Prev Article

We can no longer supply bulk of global humanitarian aid – US

Next Article

‘I couldn’t believe it’ – Jockey ‘fuming’ after finding out he’s been kicked off huge Grand National ride

Related to this topic:

Comments (0):

Be the first to write a comment.

Post Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *