Search

Newsletter image

Subscribe to the Newsletter

Join 10k+ people to get notified about new posts, news and tips.

Do not worry we don't spam!

GDPR Compliance

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing to use our site, you accept our use of cookies, Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Will Karim Benzema be allowed to play in World Cup final for France?

Published on December 17, 2022 at 05:15 PM

KARIM BENZEMA topped a fine season by winning the Ballon d’Or.

But the Real Madrid striker was then struck by injury after being named in France’s squad for the World Cup.

Karim Benzema back in training with Real MadridThough Benzema is now back training with Real, with pictures emerging from their Valdebebas base.

So would he be allowed to play in the World Cup final now France have beaten Morocco to make it?

BETTING SPECIAL – BEST BETTING APPS FOR THE WORLD CUP

Would Karim Benzema be allowed to play at the World Cup final?

Karim Benzema COULD play for France if they reach the World Cup final – as he was never officially replaced in the squad.

The Real star had been ruled out by French boss Didier Deschamps, but is back training with his club team.

Marca report he has returned on time and has in fact been training without issue since last Saturday.

Karim Benzema is training with Real MadridAnd this means he could make a return to the fold if needed because he was never replaced in the French team.

The strong form of Olivier Giroud means such a return is unlikely, however, with the AC Milan star’s goals so far proving vital for his nation in Qatar.

And now Didier Deschamps has denied reports that Benzema will return to the squad for the final.

“I take care of 24 players here,”; said the France boss.

“I don’t take care of those who are not here, like Kimpembe or Pogba as well. I’m not going to talk about things that do not occupy my day-to-day.”;

Benzema missed out on 2018 World Cup glory due to his ongoing issue with compatriot Mathieu Valbuena, which kept him out of the national set-up until 2021.

He has taken to Instagram to post a cryptic message, stating: “It does not interest me.”;

Prev Article

Argentina vs France: What Messi told me at Barcelona – Dembele

Next Article

Tottenham blow as Richarlison faces six weeks out after Brazil star suffered hamstring injury at World Cup

Related to this topic:

Comments (0):

Be the first to write a comment.

Post Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *