Search

Newsletter image

Subscribe to the Newsletter

Join 10k+ people to get notified about new posts, news and tips.

Do not worry we don't spam!

GDPR Compliance

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing to use our site, you accept our use of cookies, Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

LaLiga: Barcelona could sack me after this season – Xavi

Published on October 19, 2022 at 11:56 PM

Barcelona manager, Xavi Hernandez, has admitted he would be sacked if he does not win silverware this season.

The Catalans are on the verge of dropping out of the Champions League, after they were held to a 3-3 draw by Inter Milan last week.

Barca were then beaten 3-1 by Real Madrid in the El Clasico on Sunday, which saw them lose top spot in LaLiga.

“Of course I would, but no one has said anything to me,”; Xavi told a news conference on Wednesday when asked if he would understand if the club lost confidence in him.

“This is Barca. With the effort made by the club [in the transfer market] and the squad we have, we have to compete for trophies. And if we don’t win, as the president said, there will be consequences, starting with me.

“But I am going to give everything so that this works. At any moment I could lose the club’s support, tomorrow even. This is football. We lost against Madrid, we’re almost out of [the Champions League], but I am always positive.”;

Prev Article

PSV vs Arsenal: Arteta confirms two players that missed training

Next Article

Tuchel snubs job offer from LaLiga club

Related to this topic:

Comments (0):

Be the first to write a comment.

Post Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *