Search

Newsletter image

Subscribe to the Newsletter

Join 10k+ people to get notified about new posts, news and tips.

Do not worry we don't spam!

GDPR Compliance

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing to use our site, you accept our use of cookies, Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

LIVERPOOL ace Luis Suarez charged for racial abuse aimed at Patrice Evra.

Published on October 15, 2022 at 10:38 PM

Liverpool ace Luis Suarez has been charged by the FA for alleged racial abuse aimed at Patrice Evra

The striker was accused by the Manchester United defender following the 1-1 draw at Anfield last month.
Speaking after the game, Evra told French TV: “There are cameras. You can see him saying a certain word to me at least 10 times.

“There is no place for that in 2011.”;

But Suarez denied the allegation, saying: “I’m upset by the accusations of racism. I can only say that I have always respected and respect everybody.

“We are all the same. I go to the field with the maximum illusion of a little child who enjoys what he does, not to create conflicts.”;

The FA however have decided there is a case to answer, issuing a statement of a charge shortly after FIFA President Sepp Blatter claimed there was no racism on the pitch in football.

It read: “The FA has today charged Liverpool’s Luis Suarez following an incident that occurred during the Liverpool versus Manchester United fixture at Anfield on October 15 2011.

“It is alleged that Suarez used abusive and/or insulting words and/or behaviour towards Manchester United’s Patrice Evra contrary to FA rules.

“It is further alleged that this included a reference to the ethnic origin and/or colour and/or race of Patrice Evra.

“The FA will issue no further comment at this time.”;

Liverpool have vowed to stand by the Uruguayan, who they say will plead NOT guilty to the charge.

They said: “The club this afternoon received notification from the Football Association of their decision to charge Luis Suarez and will take time to properly review the documentation which has been sent to us.

“We will discuss the matter fully with him when he returns from international duty, but he will plead not guilty to the charge and we expect him to request a personal hearing.

“Luis remains determined to clear his name of the allegation made against him by Patrice Evra.

“The club remain fully supportive of Luis in this matter.”;

Prev Article

I won’t overhaul Eagles – Keshi

Next Article

EPL: Liverpool suffer fresh injury blow ahead of Man City clash

Related to this topic:

Comments (0):

Be the first to write a comment.

Post Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *