Search

Newsletter image

Subscribe to the Newsletter

Join 10k+ people to get notified about new posts, news and tips.

Do not worry we don't spam!

GDPR Compliance

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing to use our site, you accept our use of cookies, Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

‘As a player yeah but…’ – Luke Littler forces Roy Keane to agree on Bruno Fernandes but Man Utd legend still makes dig

Published on April 03, 2025 at 08:21 AM

LUKE LITTLER has forced Roy Keane into an unexpected admission – after the Manchester United legend slammed his favourite player.

The teenage darts sensation joined Keane and Co for a special edition of hit podcast .

Luke Littler laughing and pointing.
Luke Littler batted for Bruno Fernandes during an appearance on The Overlap
Roy Keane smiling on a panel discussion.
Roy Keane had previously slammed the Portuguese star and claimed he wasn't captain material
Bruno Fernandes of Manchester United reacting during a soccer game.
Fernandes and his flops were branded “imposters” by the ex-United midfielder

Littler is a huge United fan and around Old Trafford in January.

The 18-year-old sat down with Keane, Jamie Carragher, , Jill Scott and Ian Wright to discuss his career on Stick To Football, brought to you bySky Bet.

And the subject of United star – a sore point for Keane – had the panel in stitches.

Last month, Keane went , hitting out at United's flops following adreadful season and branding the team “f***ing imposters”.

He singled out captain, claiming the Portuguese midfielder “pretended” to close players down and was not skipper material.

The rant saw him clash with Wright, with fans dubbing it his most “explosive” yet.

Littler was asked who his favourite player was from the current crop of United stars.

Carragher said: “Would you say Bruno?”

Littler nodded, adding: “Since he's joined, there's not a number eight better.”

Keane, up until this point watching on intently, then butted in.

He said: “As a player, yeah. But as a captain..”

Littler and the panel burst out laughing, with Keane told by Wright: “Leave it Roy, let's not go there.”

The Nuke, who became world champion in January for the first time, was also asked about emulating PDC legend

Taylor won 16 World Championships over his illustrious career and played well into his 50s.

But Littler r – unless the money was good.

Responding to whether he could beat The Power's tally of 16 titles, he replied: “If I can be bothered to stay around for that time.”

questioned if it was a lack of “hunger” that would see Littler put away his darts early.

But The Nuke cheekily added in response: “Probably just the money, to be fair.”

Littler also suggested Taylor would “struggle” if pitted against today's crop of elite stars.

He added: “[The competition] is a lot better now.

“You still had Phil Taylor, Eric Bristow – it was still a good field.

“But nowadays, I think Phil would struggle.”

Luke Littlerwas speaking on the Stick to Football podcast, brought to you bySky Bet.

Prev Article

Messi, Inter Miami suffer shock defeat to LAFC in CONCACAF Champions Cup

Next Article

Last-ditch £56m search for missing plane MH370 lost for 11yrs is suspended after just DAYS… because of the weather

Related to this topic:

Comments (0):

Be the first to write a comment.

Post Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *