Search

Newsletter image

Subscribe to the Newsletter

Join 10k+ people to get notified about new posts, news and tips.

Do not worry we don't spam!

GDPR Compliance

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing to use our site, you accept our use of cookies, Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Mason Greenwood probed by cops for ‘second bail breach after he payed for designer clothing for alleged sex victim’

Published on November 27, 2022 at 02:28 AM

POLICE are looking into claims Manchester United’s Mason Greenwood breached bail conditions by paying for designer clothing for his alleged sex victim.

It is claimed the woman had access to his bank account — despite being due to give evidence at the player’s trial.

Mason Greenwood was said to be pictured with his alleged victim in a car last monthIt comes as the Manchester United player is being probed for a potential second bail breachGreenwood is said to have ‘payed for designer clothing for his alleged sex victim’The clothes were purchased online and sent to her address last week
One of the charges against the footballer, previously accused of flouting bail rules last month is coercive and controlling behaviour.

At his trial in November next year, he will also face charges of attempted rape and assault causing actual bodily harm.

Greenwood, 21, who has also played for England, appeared before a judge on Monday at crown court in Manchester.

Judge Maurice Greene reminded the £75,000-a-week striker that his bail conditions remain in place.

They are understood to ban him from having any direct or indirect contact with his alleged victim.

But it is claimed on Friday a bank account belonging to Greenwood was used to purchase £86 worth of women’s clothes from online fashion brand Luxe To Kill.

The company was allegedly instructed online to deliver the items to the home address of the alleged victim.

Greater Manchester Police is aware of the alleged purchase and is looking into claims it might constitute a breach of Greenwood’s bail.

A source told the Sun on Sunday Greenwood had not placed the order.

Greenwood, of Bowdon, Gtr Manchester, was first held by police in January this year over allegations relating to a woman after images and videos were posted online.

He was bailed but was re-arrested last month after he was pictured with his alleged victim in a breach of his conditions.

He was remanded in custody after appearing at Manchester magistrates court on October 17 but was released from prison two days later following a private bail hearing.

The attempted rape is alleged to have taken place in October 2021.

The controlling and coercive behaviour relates to a period between November 2018 and October this year, where he is alleged to have made threatening and derogatory comments towards the complainant, as well as accessing and monitoring her social media accounts.

The charge of assault occasioning actual bodily harm is dated December 2021.

Greenwood was suspended by United bosses after his arrest.

England manager Gareth Southgate gave him his Three Lions debut aged just 18 in September 2020 for a Nations League clash against Iceland.

Before his arrest, Greenwood was valued at around £50million and regarded as one of the hottest young talents in European football.

The defendant is set to enter a plea to the charges when he next appears in court on February 10.

Prev Article

Argentina 2-0 Mexico – World Cup 2022 LIVE RESULT: Fernandez adds second after Messi’s magical strike – reaction

Next Article

Watch Roy Keane and Gary Neville launch blistering attack on ex-Man Utd star and say ‘he doesn’t have a heart’

Related to this topic:

Comments (0):

Be the first to write a comment.

Post Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *