Search

Newsletter image

Subscribe to the Newsletter

Join 10k+ people to get notified about new posts, news and tips.

Do not worry we don't spam!

GDPR Compliance

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing to use our site, you accept our use of cookies, Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Man Utd transfer boost in Cristiano Ronaldo replacement hunt as Joao Felix ‘demands Atletico Madrid exit in January’

Published on November 26, 2022 at 08:20 PM

MANCHESTER UNITED target Joao Felix has demanded to leave Atletico Madrid in January, according to reports.

Felix, 23, joined Diego Simeone’s side for £113million back in 2019.

Joao Felix could replace Portugal team-mate Cristiano Ronaldo at Man UnitedBut despite his huge fee, the Portuguese star has started only five of Atletico’s 14 LaLiga games so far this term.

According to Marca, Felix has asked agent Jorge Mendes to find him a new club mid-season.

The Red Devils are believed to be a realistic contender – given their long-term interest and current need for a forward.

After terminating Cristiano Ronaldo’s contract by mutual consent, United boss Erik ten Hag has been left with only Anthony Martial and Marcus Rashford up top.

The Red Devils could look to prise Felix away from Wanda Metropolitano at a cut-price – with Atletico in need of funds following an early Champions League exit.

Felix has made 129 appearances for Atleti since joining from Benfica – scoring 33 times and laying on 18 assists – while he also scored in his country’s 3-2 win over Ghana at the World Cup this week.

Chelsea, Bayern Munich and Paris Saint-Germain are also claimed to be in the mix for his signature.

Should Felix get his move, it could open the door for compatriot Ronaldo to replace him at Atleti.

HOW TO GET FREE BETS ON THE WORLD CUP

The club’s fans protested against a move for the former Real Madrid talisman last summer.

But that hasn’t deterred boss Diego Simeone from potentially making a move.

The Argentine is said to be enamoured with the idea of signing Ronaldo – believing that he still possesses the leadership and mentality to help guide his team to success.

While Atletico could make a move for the 37-year-old, a number of other clubs have signalled that they won’t try to sign him.

They include Bayern Munich, Real Madrid and even boyhood club Sporting Lisbon.

How Man Utd could line up with a bumper new signing
Prev Article

Croatian newspaper mocks up Canada boss John Herdman NAKED after F-word taunt as rival manager demands ‘respect’

Next Article

Eden Hazard says he’s key to Belgium winning World Cup… but De Bruyne says they have ‘no chance’ as they’re ‘too old’

Related to this topic:

Comments (0):

Be the first to write a comment.

Post Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *