Search

Newsletter image

Subscribe to the Newsletter

Join 10k+ people to get notified about new posts, news and tips.

Do not worry we don't spam!

GDPR Compliance

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing to use our site, you accept our use of cookies, Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Our neighbour’s 6ft garden fence is a ‘MONSTROSITY’ – it’s like living next to a prison…we’re determined to tear it down

Published on April 05, 2025 at 09:50 AM

DISGRUNTLED neighbours have slammed a “monstrosity” six foot garden fence next door.

Locals in the leafy suburb of Mornington Crescent,in Nuthall, , have hit out at the large boundary wall ever since it was built last year.

A newly built brick wall between houses on a residential street.
Homeowner Jonathan Lewis dubbed locals' fury an ‘utter overreaction'
A newly built brick wall between houses on a residential street.
Disgruntled neighbours slammed a ‘monstrosity' six foot garden fence

Residents are fuming with Broxtowe Borough Council after they granted planning permission.

But the homeowner involved, Jonathan Lewis, dubbed the ordeal an “utter overreaction”.

He told Nottinghamshire Live they've “followed the rules to the absolute letter”.

“In my opinion it looks really nice and it’s completely lawful,” Jonathan added.

However, outraged neighbour Anthony Wilson, 58, is determined to see the wall torn down.

He claimed the six-foot boundary was constructed higher than proposed, and closer to the pavement.

“What has happened is an absolute travesty. Mornington Crescent is a suburban middle-class neighbourhood,” he said.

The veteran told how 15 fellow residents had objected to the plans and added “it should never have been approved”.

Anthony argued the wall has “absolutely devastated” the estate and “destroyed” the neighbourhood's middle-class aesthetic.

“With the monstrosity of the wall it looks like some sort of prison. It should be demolished. It’s totally obliterated the view from my house,” he added.

His strong opinions have been echoed by another local, Tony Pinkstone.

The 69-year-old said the “appalling” wall “completely destroyed” and “devalued” the street.

A spokesperson for Broxtowe Borough Council said: “The wall in question has planning permission, and the heights of both the wall and the pillars are in accordance with the approved plans. The planning application considered all relevant comments, and the case officer came to an assessment that the wall should be approved.

“It should be noted however that any legal issues or covenants are not planning matters and cannot be considered in determining this or any other planning application.

“The position of the wall has recently been amended marginally, and set away slightly from the neighbouring property, and this change has subsequently been approved as a non-material amendment to the approved plans.”

Elsewhere, a family have been left horrified after theirooking directly into their daughter's bedroom.

Plus, a Russian tycoon hasafter a bitter row with neighbours.

sparked fury when he submitted plans to install athat locals said would resemble a “prison”.

And, this is the and tears down shed in a bitter dispute, a couple claimed.

Residential street with newly built brick wall causing neighborhood dispute.
Planning permission was granted but some residents call it an ‘absolute travesty'
Prev Article

‘He played for us didn’t he?’ – Arne Slot hits back at Michael Owen’s claim that winning Prem’s not enough for Liverpool

Next Article

Dubai World Cup prize money 2025: How much does the winner get?

Related to this topic:

Comments (0):

Be the first to write a comment.

Post Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *