Search

Newsletter image

Subscribe to the Newsletter

Join 10k+ people to get notified about new posts, news and tips.

Do not worry we don't spam!

GDPR Compliance

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing to use our site, you accept our use of cookies, Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Russell Brand fears prosecution in US over ‘sex assault’ on film set as Warner Bros says they will release footage

Published on April 05, 2025 at 08:06 PM

RUSSELL Brand fears the possibility of prosecution in the US over an alleged sex assault on a film set, legal documents obtained by Flying Eze on Sunday show.

We can also reveal Warner Bros is willing to hand over outtakes and other footage from his movie Arthur after a woman .

Russell Brand at a Barnes & Noble book signing.
Russell Brand fears the possibility of prosecution in the US over an alleged sex assault on a film set
Helen Mirren and Russell Brand in a scene from the film *Arthur*.
An unnamed woman claimed he attacked her on the set in 2010, in which he starred alongside Helen Mirren
Russell Brand in underwear on a film set.
The US woman alleges Brand exposed himself to her in view of the cast and crew

The new twist emerged at a hearing in the Supreme Court last week, held before the British comedian and actor was charged on Friday with in the UK.

Brand’s lawyers in the US tried to suspend the woman’s civil claim against him, arguing he does not want to say anything in the New York matter that might incriminate him in the .

The US woman alleges , exposed himself to her in view of the cast and crew, and later that day while she was working as an extra on the .

She is suing Brand and studio Warner Bros. Both deny the allegations.

Brand said she was “unable to distinguish acting from reality”;.

His US lawyers said in a written document seen by that Brand had a “reasonable belief criminal prosecution is possible in the US based on allegations tantamount to criminal sexual misconduct occurring in the US, of which he has been falsely accused both by this civil Plaintiff and several others through the media”;.

During the court hearing, Brand’s attorney Mark Cuccaro said the could “overlap”; with the US case.

He said the female accuser could claim the “corporate defendants (Warner Bros) were negligent”; because of potential evidence they had seen indicating Brand had a “propensity to commit such acts”;.

Mr Cuccaro added Brand is a “public figure, very publicly accused in the United States”;.

Judge Shlomo Hagler rejected the formal request to delay the case and Brand’s lawyer withdrew it.

However, the judge put off Brand being asked to make a legal deposition in the civil case until October to protect his constitutional rights.

It also emerged during the hearing evidence will include around eight hours of outtakes and other footage from the filming of Arthur.

Patrick Lamparello, a lawyer for Warner Bros, said the company had “some hours of video outtake footage . . . four or five hours, it could be more, around eight”;.

two women in in a dossier published by the Sunday Times and Channel 4’s Dispatches in 2023.

His new life in has been upended this week after London’s Met charged him with rape, indecent assault and sexual assault between 1999 and 2005. The charges relate to four separate women.

Comparable crimes in the US have led to high-profile defendants getting decades-long sentences.

Disgraced movie mogul was in 2020 for rape and sexual assault, and 16 years in LA on a conviction for similar offences.

Brand is currently .

I was a drug addict, a sex addict, and an imbecile, but what I never was, was a rapist. Russell Brand

He said he because he “personally experienced how the media, government and judiciary — if you suddenly become an inconvenience — will find ways to attack and shut you down”;.

Brand has amassed an online following of millions and .

He was at a Republican conference last and recently at .

LA police said they do not have an open investigation into Brand.

Russell Brand, Mike Tyson, and another man posing together.
Brand has reinvented himself in the US and was recently at Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago estate
Russell Brand speaking to camera.
Brand released a video vehemently denying all charges and allegations made against him

On Friday night, the on X, saying the law was being wielded as a “kind of weapon”; against him and others.

Appearing to relax in a sun hat on a balcony in Florida, said: “I was a fool before I lived in the light of the Lord.

“I was a drug addict, a sex addict, and an imbecile, but what I never was, was a rapist.”;

“I’ve never engaged in non- consensual activity. I pray you can see that by looking in my eyes.”;

Arthur, also staring Dame and , was a remake of the 1981 film staring Dudley Moore.

It was released in 2011, while Brand was still married to pop star .

Flying Eze on Sunday contacted Brand’s US lawyers for comment.

Russell Brand on a beach.
Brand has been charged on Friday with rape and sexual assaults against four women in the UK
Katy Perry and Russell Brand at an event.
Brand was formerly married to US pop star Katy Perry, the pair later divorced
Russell Brand denying criminal allegations in a video.
Russell Brand insists he has never engaged in non-consensual sexual activity
Prev Article

I know amazing Julie Goodyear & picture of her shocked me, but I’ve been even more upset by shameful reaction to it

Next Article

EastEnders legend Nasty Nick accused of ‘going nuts’ at BGT star after she impersonated screen mum Dot Cotton at event

Related to this topic:

Comments (0):

Be the first to write a comment.

Post Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *