Search

Newsletter image

Subscribe to the Newsletter

Join 10k+ people to get notified about new posts, news and tips.

Do not worry we don't spam!

GDPR Compliance

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing to use our site, you accept our use of cookies, Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Serbian FA charged after objects thrown in England's Euro 2024 opener

Published on June 17, 2024 at 09:25 PM

The Serbian Football Association has been charged by Uefa after objects were allegedly thrown during Serbia's Euro 2024 match against England.

Police said eight people had been temporarily detained following a brawl between England and Serbia fans before the game in Gelsenkirchen, Germany.

The Uefa charges include "transmitting a provocative message unfit for a sports event".

Earlier, the Kosovo Football Federation said it had made a complaint to Uefa about the "display of flags, slogans and chants by Serbian fans", which it said contained "political and racist messages against Kosovo".

European football's governing body said: "The Uefa Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body (CEDB) will decide on the matter in due course.

"Furthermore, a Uefa Ethics and Disciplinary Inspector will conduct a disciplinary investigation regarding alleged discriminatory behaviour."

England won the Group C opener 1-0 thanks to Jude Bellingham's 13th-minute header.

Prev Article

Draper 'honoured' to be Britain's best but wants more

Next Article

China should pay for propping up Putin's war - Nato chief

Related to this topic:

Comments (0):

Be the first to write a comment.

Post Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *