Search

Newsletter image

Subscribe to the Newsletter

Join 10k+ people to get notified about new posts, news and tips.

Do not worry we don't spam!

GDPR Compliance

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing to use our site, you accept our use of cookies, Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

‘I’ve been asked 500 times’ – Sporting Lisbon boss snaps over Cristiano Ronaldo transfer questions and rules out move

Published on December 21, 2022 at 03:19 PM

SPORTING LISBON manager Ruben Amorim has refused to make any further comments regarding a potential swoop for Cristiano Ronaldo.

The former Portugal international has repeatedly been questioned about the possibility of a January transfer.

Ronaldo has been linked with a return to SportingAmorim is growing increasingly frustrated with questions relating to the possible moveBut, on Monday he made it clear that he is growing tired of the speculation.

In his press conference following Sporting’s 5-0 Taca da Liga win over Braga, Amorim said: “Ronaldo was in Qatar, they had the opportunity to ask him and they didn’t. I’ve been asked 500 times and I already answered.”;

Ronaldo has been linked with a sensational return to Sporting ever since he requested to leave Manchester United in July.

And a move could still possibly be on the cards with the five-time Ballon d’Or winner currently a free agent.

Ronaldo’s Man Utd contract was ripped up last month following his bombshell interview with Piers Morgan, so he is now on the hunt for a new club.

But, few are willing to take him on.

The forward has been linked with a move to Chelsea, although new boss Graham Potter is understood to be opposed to the transfer.

Newcastle, LA Galaxy and Real Madrid have also been linked with a potential swoop for the out-of-favour superstar, but Saudi Arabia could be his next destination.

FREE BETS AND SIGN UP DEALS – BEST NEW CUSTOMER OFFERS

The president of Saudi Pro League side Al Nassr is reportedly willing to make the ex-Man Utd star the highest-paid sportsperson of all time.

Ronaldo could earn a staggering £173million-a-year in Saudi Arabia.

But, there is a possibility that he could decide to remain in Europe.

While Amorim has refused to make any further comments about a potential move for Ronaldo, Sporting Lisbon sporting director Hugo Viana has hinted that it could be possible.

He said: “He can decide where he can go. But you never know the future...so whatever he decides, let’s see.”;

Ronaldo scored five goals in 31 games for Sporting before joining Man Utd in 2003 at the age of 18.

Prev Article

Why has Boris Becker been deported from the UK?

Next Article

Lojay’s live performance of “Monalisa” & “Leader” on “That Grape Juice” is so good

Related to this topic:

Comments (0):

Be the first to write a comment.

Post Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *