Search

Newsletter image

Subscribe to the Newsletter

Join 10k+ people to get notified about new posts, news and tips.

Do not worry we don't spam!

GDPR Compliance

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing to use our site, you accept our use of cookies, Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Boy, 16, stabbed to death in town centre in horrific broad daylight attack – as woman & two men arrested

Published on April 04, 2025 at 09:31 AM

A 16-YEAR-OLD boy has been stabbed to death in a busy city centre in broad daylight.

Police were called to Ramsden Street, in Kirklees, West Yorks., at around 2:45pm yesterday.

Street scene with a Cancer Research UK shop.
Cops have launched a murder investigation

Emergency services rushed the teen, who had “serious injury to his neck”, to hospital.

The young boy was tragically pronounced dead a short while later.

West Yorkshire Police have launched a murder investigation and since arrested three people.

A man was detained in connection with the horror.

Officers also arrested another man and a woman on suspicion of assisting an offender.

A spokesperson for the force said: “Emergency services were called to Ramsden Street in the town centre at around 2:45pm yesterday (3 April) following reports that a male had been stabbed.

“Officers attended the scene and the 16-year-old male was taken to hospital to be treated for a serious injury to his neck.

“He sadly later died in hospital as a result of his injuries.

“A man has been arrested in connection with the incident.

“Another man, and a woman, have also been arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender.

“A scene remains in place around New Street and Ramsden Street as officers establish exactly what took place.”

Senior Investigating Officer Detective Chief Inspector Damian Roebuck said: “This is a tragic incident where a young man has lost in life as a result of a knife injury.

“We have a team of dedicated detectives who are at the scene and investigating this fatal attack.

“Our initial investigations do indicate that it was an isolated incident, and local neighbourhood officers are carrying out reassurance patrols in the area.

“I want to thank witnesses who have come forward so far and would urge anyone who witnessed the incident or has information that can help our enquiry to please come forward.”;

Prev Article

My patio was covered in stubborn green algae but a 99p household staple made it look as good as new

Next Article

Security challenges in Kebbi South now history – Governor Idris

Related to this topic:

Comments (0):

Be the first to write a comment.

Post Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *