Search

Newsletter image

Subscribe to the Newsletter

Join 10k+ people to get notified about new posts, news and tips.

Do not worry we don't spam!

GDPR Compliance

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing to use our site, you accept our use of cookies, Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Watch amazing throwback footage as world title contender Joe Joyce gets KO’d in just 34 SECONDS in amateur boxing fight

Published on October 27, 2022 at 06:08 PM

FOOTAGE of Joe Joyce being knocked out in less than a minute has resurfaced.

The Putney pounder is on the brink of a world title shot following his spectacular 11th-round stoppage of former WBO heavyweight champion Joseph Parker last month.

Joe Joyce was dropped by Sergey Kuzmin at the 2013 European ChampionshipsThe Russian flattened Joyce with a sickening overhand rightJoyce collapsed to the canvas and the fight was stopped after a mere 34 secondsJoyce has yet to taste defeat since turning pro five years ago, although he did hit the canvas in his 2013 European Championships clash with Sergey Kuzmin.

Footage of the Russian knocking out Joyce with a hammer of an overhand right 34 seconds into their super-heavyweight clash recently recirculated on Twitter.

In an interview with Sky Sports, Kuzmin said of the stunning stoppage victory: “It happened very quickly and it was not a very long fight.

“It’s hard to describe all that came through my head because I didn’t get to see much of what he brought into the fight.

“This was the super-heavyweight division and each and every punch matters.

“I delivered a very good punch accurately and with good timing and it ended the fight.”;

Kuzmin would love to run into Joyce in the professional ranks, although he wouldn’t take too much from their 2013 clash.

The European Championships silver medallist said: “If the fight happens we will see.

JOIN SUN VEGAS: GET A FREE £10 BONUS WITH 100s OF GAMES TO PLAY AND NO DEPOSIT REQUIRED (Ts&Cs apply)

“It would not make any sense to compare one fight to another and amateur and professional boxing.

“But hopefully we will meet one day in the ring and we will see, I am very interested in fighting Joyce in the future in the pros.”;

Joyce’s stunning stoppage of Parker solidified his status as the mandatory challenger for Oleksandr Usyk‘s WBO title.

Promoter Frank Warren recently said: “We’ve worked very hard over the last few years on this heavyweight scene and we’ve guided our guys in different organisations and we’ve boxed it off a bit so I’m pleased.

“Joe done extremely well [against Joseph Parker], got great reviews back from America because his fight done big numbers over there.

“It was a good fight to watch. He’s set himself up.

“Him and Tyson [Fury] will be a huge fight, [Deontay] Wilder will be a huge fight, AJ.

“He’ll be out in February. He’s in a real good spot.”;

Prev Article

Carl Froch reveals he’d take on Jake or Logan Paul as his last fight if he was to come out of retirement for mega payday

Next Article

Fans all saying the same thing as Wayne Rooney shows off new distinguished grey hair on night out with Amir Khan

Related to this topic:

Comments (0):

Be the first to write a comment.

Post Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *