Search

Newsletter image

Subscribe to the Newsletter

Join 10k+ people to get notified about new posts, news and tips.

Do not worry we don't spam!

GDPR Compliance

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing to use our site, you accept our use of cookies, Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Wayne Rooney ‘puzzled’ by Cristiano Ronaldo’s suggestion ex-Man Utd team-mate is jealous of him, but refuses to comment

Published on November 16, 2022 at 04:45 AM

WAYNE ROONEY has been left “bemused”; by Cristiano Ronaldo’s criticism of him.

The Portuguese forward took aim at his former team-mate during an explosive interview with The Sun’s Piers Morgan.

Wayne Rooney is not impressed with Cristiano Ronaldo’s commentsRonaldo took aim at Wazza while speaking to The Sun’s Piers MorganRonaldo, 37, hinted that Wazza may be jealous of his longevity... and the way he looks.

Speaking to Piers, the forward said: “I don’t know why he criticises me so badly... probably because he finished his career and I’m still playing at a high level.

“I’m not going to say that I’m looking better than him. Which is true...”;

Sky Sports claim that Rooney, 37, has been left “bemused”; by Ronaldo’s statements – but bears no “animosity”; towards his former United team-mate.

Wazza has also decided NOT to make a public statement on the matter.

Quizzed if Rooney’s comments were fuelled by jealousy, Ronaldo teed off on his old pal – as well as fellow ex-team-mate Gary Neville.

He said: “It’s hard to listen to that kind of criticism and negativity from people who played with you, for example Gary Neville as well.

“People can have their own opinion but they don’t really know what’s going on inside the training ground at Carrington or even my life.

HOW TO GET FREE BETS ON FOOTBALL

“They should listen to not only one point of view, they have to listen to my point of view as well. It’s easy to criticise but if you don’t know the whole story, it’s easy.

“They are not my friends.”;

Rooney previously claimed that Ronaldo was in the wrong for refusing to come on against Tottenham before storming down the tunnel last month.

Asked by talkSPORT if United are a better side now with Ronaldo in it, Rooney said: “No, I don’t think so.

“Him and Messi are arguably the two best players of all time and you can go either way with that, whatever way you decide.

“But I just think the things he has done from the start of the season; it is not acceptable for Manchester United. I’ve seen Roy Keane defending him.

“Roy wouldn’t accept that. Roy wouldn’t accept that at all. It is a distraction which Manchester United don’t need at the minute, when they are trying to rebuild.

“For Cristiano, just get your head down and work and be ready to play when the manager needs you. If he does that, he will be an asset. If he doesn’t, it will become an unwanted distraction.”;

Neville, meanwhile, has seen the funny side of being criticised by Ronaldo.

The Portuguese said of the Sky Sports pundit: “We’re not ever having dinner together.”;

In response, Neville cheekily tweeted this morning: “Anyone for dinner?”;

After also being accused of “using Ronaldo’s name for fame”; – Neville also posted a hilarious grab of himself looking bewildered on Sky.

Gary Neville posted this snap in response to Ronaldo’s comments
Prev Article

Peter Crouch’s wife Abbey Clancy wows in sexy Victoria’s Secret lingerie just in time for Christmas

Next Article

England fans snap up £40 Three Lions Hawaiian shirts to take the heat out of World Cup

Related to this topic:

Comments (0):

Be the first to write a comment.

Post Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *