Search

Newsletter image

Subscribe to the Newsletter

Join 10k+ people to get notified about new posts, news and tips.

Do not worry we don't spam!

GDPR Compliance

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing to use our site, you accept our use of cookies, Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Man Utd boss Ten Hag refuses to confirm whether Cristiano Ronaldo apologised for Spurs strop and backs ‘important’ star

Published on October 30, 2022 at 08:27 PM

MANCHESTER UNITED manager Erik ten Hag has refused to confirm whether or not Cristiano Ronaldo apologised for refusing to play against Tottenham last week.

Ronaldo, 37, sparked a huge row with Ten Hag, 52, when he refused to come off the bench during last Wednesday’s Premier League clash with Tottenham.

Ronaldo stormed down the tunnel before full-time during a match against TottenhamTen Hag has refused to confirm if Ronaldo has apologised for his actionsInstead he stormed down the tunnel and left Old Trafford BEFORE full-time.

In response, Ten Hag dismissed the five-time Ballon d’Or winner from first team training and axed him from the squad ahead of last weekend’s match against Chelsea.

Ronaldo returned to the squad on Thursday following crisis talks with the Man Utd boss and contributed to the club’s 3-0 win over Sheriff with a goal.

But, although the forward appears to be back on good terms with Ten Hag, the Dutchman has refused to confirm if Ronaldo has apologised for his actions.

When speaking to Sky Sports, he said: “Did Cristiano Ronaldo apologise? Enough said on that, so I gave enough explanations.

“We are happy that he’s here, Cristiano is an important player.

“Thursday he scored and we are happy about that. He can even be more important.”;

Ronaldo is expected to leave Old Trafford in January following a poor start to the season.

CASINO SPECIAL – BEST NEW CUSTOMER SIGN UP DEALS

Sporting Lisbon have reportedly prepared an offer to put to the Red Devils when the transfer window opens.

According to The Mirror, the Lions will request that Man Utd hand the five-time Ballon d’Or winner a pay-off on a chunk of his wages.

Prev Article

Juventus vice-president Pavel Nedved RULES OUT Antonio Conte swoop and claims club ‘fully trust’ under-fire Max Allegri

Next Article

Arsenal ratings: Reiss Nelson a revelation from the bench but Gabriel still has an error in him despite clean sheet

Related to this topic:

Comments (0):

Be the first to write a comment.

Post Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *