Search

Newsletter image

Subscribe to the Newsletter

Join 10k+ people to get notified about new posts, news and tips.

Do not worry we don't spam!

GDPR Compliance

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing to use our site, you accept our use of cookies, Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Egypt submarine crew questioned over sinking that killed 6 after witness claims ‘dive hatches left open’

Published on March 28, 2025 at 10:29 AM

CREW members on board the deadly Sindbad tourist submarine have been questioned by Egyptian officials over the Red Sea disaster.

Six people died on Thursday as another 39 were miraculously rescued after the submarine sankoff the city of Hurghada.

Six are dead after the submarine, seen in a file photo, sank near Egypt's Hurghada resort

Nine people have been injured with four said to be in a critical condition.

The group had been on board the sightseeing vessel, viewing coral reefs off the resort town of Hurghada.

Two children were among the six Russian tourists killed, Russian media reported. The cause of the incident is as yet unclear.

The Sindbad had been in operation as a tourist submarine for a number of years.

The Red Sea governor, Amr Hanafy, said the 45 passengers on the Sindbad were from Russia, India, Norway and Sweden. Five Egyptian crew members were also on board.

Mr Hanafy said the six who died were all Russian, but full details of the victims have not yet been released.

Prev Article

NPFL: Poor game management responsible for 3SC’s draw with El-Kanemi – Ogunbote

Next Article

NPFL: Ologunloluwa upbeat Sunshine Stars will survive relegation

Related to this topic:

Comments (0):

Be the first to write a comment.

Post Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *