Search

Newsletter image

Subscribe to the Newsletter

Join 10k+ people to get notified about new posts, news and tips.

Do not worry we don't spam!

GDPR Compliance

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing to use our site, you accept our use of cookies, Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Tariffs: French President calls for suspension of investment in US

Published on April 03, 2025 at 04:35 PM

French President Emmanuel Macron on Thursday called urged European companies to suspend planned investment in the United States after President Donald Trump announced sweeping global tariffs on American imports.

Macron made this call during a meeting with French industry representatives.

“I think what's important, and that's all the work that must be done by sector, that the investments to come or investments announced in recent weeks should be suspended until things are clarified with the United States,” he said
The French leader said no response had been ruled out yet and suggested using the anti-coercion mechanism, responses targeting digital services and looking at financing mechanisms of the U.S. economy.

He further stated that the response to the reciprocal tariffs would be more massive than its earlier retaliation to US steel and aluminum tariffs.

Macron described the tariffs as brutal and unfounded and a shock for international trade, and that Europe must respond industry by industry.

Prev Article

I was offered life-changing money to campaign against Peter Obi – Odumodublvck

Next Article

David Umahi arrives in Lagos for urgent intervention on Independence Bridge rehabilitation

Related to this topic:

Comments (0):

Be the first to write a comment.

Post Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *