Terms of use dolor sit amet consectetur, adipisicing elit. Recusandae provident ullam aperiam quo ad non corrupti sit vel quam repellat ipsa quod sed, repellendus adipisci, ducimus ea modi odio assumenda.
Disclaimers
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet consectetur adipisicing elit. Sequi, cum esse possimus officiis amet ea voluptatibus libero! Dolorum assumenda esse, deserunt ipsum ad iusto! Praesentium error nobis tenetur at, quis nostrum facere excepturi architecto totam.
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet consectetur adipisicing elit. Inventore, soluta alias eaque modi ipsum sint iusto fugiat vero velit rerum.
Limitation on Liability
Sequi, cum esse possimus officiis amet ea voluptatibus libero! Dolorum assumenda esse, deserunt ipsum ad iusto! Praesentium error nobis tenetur at, quis nostrum facere excepturi architecto totam.
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet consectetur adipisicing elit. Inventore, soluta alias eaque modi ipsum sint iusto fugiat vero velit rerum.
Copyright Policy
Dolor sit amet consectetur adipisicing elit. Sequi, cum esse possimus officiis amet ea voluptatibus libero! Dolorum assumenda esse, deserunt ipsum ad iusto! Praesentium error nobis tenetur at, quis nostrum facere excepturi architecto totam.
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet consectetur adipisicing elit. Inventore, soluta alias eaque modi ipsum sint iusto fugiat vero velit rerum.
General
Sit amet consectetur adipisicing elit. Sequi, cum esse possimus officiis amet ea voluptatibus libero! Dolorum assumenda esse, deserunt ipsum ad iusto! Praesentium error nobis tenetur at, quis nostrum facere excepturi architecto totam.
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet consectetur adipisicing elit. Inventore, soluta alias eaque modi ipsum sint iusto fugiat vero velit rerum.
Join 10k+ people to get notified about new posts, news and tips.
Do not worry we don't spam!
GDPR Compliance
We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing to use our site, you accept our use of cookies, Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.
‘I wanted to DIE’ says mum arrested by six police officers over WhatsApp messages about her child’s school
‘I wanted to DIE’ says mum arrested by six police officers over WhatsApp messages about her child’s school
Published on April 05, 2025 at 10:52 AM
A TERRIFIED mum, who six police officers arrested on her doorstep, says she “wanted to die” in that moment.
From the chaotic scene unfolding in around her, she instantly thought something tragic had happened to her nine-year-old daughter – and claims that her pleas for reassurance were ignored by cops. Police swarmed their home in HertfordshireRosalind Levine and Maxie Allen were charged with malicious communication
Instead, Rosalind Levine and her husband, Maxie Allen, were bundled in a marked car and locked in a cell for eight hours.
Despite the shock that rippled through her body upon hearing she was under arrest at her home in Borehamwood, , Rosalind was also overcome by “pure relief”.
“Up until that moment, I was convinced Sascha was dead,” she told MailOnline.
She added: “There was a moment where I honestly thought I wanted to die, because I couldn't cope with losing her.”
They had been complaining in a school WhatsApp group after they claimed they had not been allowed to meet with teachers to discuss their nine-year-old daughter's medical conditions.
Their daughter, Sascha, suffers from and is .
Hertfordshire Police conducted a five-week investigation into their actions before deciding there was no case to answer.
The couple toldSky Newsof their harrowing ordeal after being taken from their homes on suspicion of harassment, malicious communications, and causing a nuisance on school property.
Radio producer Maxie described how the large number of police outside his home would have had people thinking they were “raiding a terror cell or drug den”.
He said: “I would like to know how [Hertfordshire Police] made that decision, that that was the appropriate and necessary operation.
“I don't know if we're the first parents to have an experience like this, but I hope we're the last.”
Maxie told MailOnline: “It was hard to shake off the sense that I was living in a police state,” adding that the police questioning conjured up images of Stalinist Russia.
Rosalind described the incident as “inexplicable”, saying she could not understand how police would have made this decision.
She added: “We cannot fathom what happened, it doesn't make any sense. We made a few inquiries, we had a bit of banter on a WhatsApp group, and then we were arrested.”
Rosalind explained she had also believed her nine-year-old Sascha had died when the six officers first arrived at her door.
Dad Maxie has questioned why the police hadn't dealt with any complaints in a “civil manner”, instead of detaining the couple in front of their terrified and screaming three-year-old daughter.
A councillor that had been trying to help the couple was also threatened with a police investigation.
County Council member Michelle Vince said the case had raised serious questions over the power for the to “take away democratic rights” from elected representatives.
Maxie and Rosalind had sent multiple emails to Cowley Primary School in Borehamwood, Hertfordshire and made “disparaging” comments on a group for parents, reports The Times.
Police had warned Vince to not help the family, saying she risked becoming a suspect herself in their investigations.
An email sent to the councillor by a police officer in Hertfordshire said: “I ask that your communication (with the school) ceases from this point onwards as you may find yourself liable to being recorded as a suspect in a harassment investigation.”
Vince had been sending emails to the on behalf of the parents in regards to issues and complaints over the head teacher's recruitment.
The email added: “I can confirm that the vacancy for the position of head teacher is now an active posting and therefore there is no further reason for any communication from yourself to be had.”
They shockingly claimed the councillor had “no reason” to be involved in the matter.
In fear of facing the same fate as Maxie and Rosalind, Vince has now set up a home security doorbell system to capture video and audio footage of her front door.
She added that she had also now raised the issues with Hertfordshire County Council'sdepartment.
Shaken, Vince described how the police were, in effect, “taking away” her democratic rights as a councillor.
Speaking of what Maxie and Rosalind went through, she said it was “traumatic” for them, and that she herself is now terrified the same could happen to her.
Jonathan Ash-Edwards, Hertfordshire Police & Crime Commissioner, said this weekend: “There has clearly been a fundamental breakdown in relationships between a school and parents that shouldn’t have become a police matter.
“I will look at what more can be done with mediation services in Hertfordshire to help amicably resolve disputes without police involvement.
“While people should be courteous and go through the proper channels when raising concerns about a public service, the public should be able to express their views without worrying they’ll get a knock at the door from the police.”
Footage has shown how Maxie and Rosalind were escorted away from their Borehamwood in front of their crying daughter before spending eight hours trapped in a cell.
Times Radio producer Maxie, 50, said the action was “dystopian” and a “massive overreach”.
He accused Cowley Hill of trying to “silence awkward parents”, saying: “I was just in complete disbelief. It was just unfathomable to me that things had escalated to this degree.
“It was absolutely nightmarish. I couldn’t believe this was happening, that a public authority could use the police to close down a legitimate inquiry.
“We'd never used abusive or threatening language, even in private, and always followed due process. Yet we have never even been told what these communications were that were supposedly criminal, which is completely Kafkaesque.”
Maxie and Rosalind, 46, were also accused of causing a nuisance on school property.
However, they maintain they haven't been to school since last July – and the allegations have never been explained.
Former governor Maxie had questioned why an open recruitment process hadn't begun after the school's headteacher announced he was retiring in May last year.
He had hoped a meeting would be held to explain the process.
Chair of governors Jackie Spriggs then reportedly told parents “inflammatory and defamatory” comments had been made on social media.
She also warned action would be taken against anyone causing “disharmony”.
Maxie and Rosalind were subsequently banned from the school's premises after being accused of “casting aspersions” on Ms Spriggs.
The couple claim they were then barred from attending a parents' evening for nine-year-old daughter Sascha, and were not allowed to go to her performance.
The schoolgirl has, as well as being neurodivergent and registered disabled. Their daughter, Sascha, 9, is neurodivergentHertfordshire county councillor Michelle Vince has said the incident has raised ‘serious questions'
Maxie and Rosalind say they sent emails to the school to address their daughter's needs.
On January 29, Rosalind was looking after youngest daughter Francesa, three, when half a dozen officers arrived at the door.
She said she feared “Sascha was dead” and said her toddler was “cowering in the corner, she was terrified”.
Maxie added he believes the school used the cops “to close down legitimate inquiries” but doesn't understand why the force “played along”.
The school says it sought advice from the police following a “high volume” of correspondence, including posts, which had upset staff and parents.
A spokesman added: “We're always happy for parents to raise concerns, but we do ask that they do this in a suitable way, and in line with the school's published complaints procedure.”
Hertfordshire County Council said Louise Thomas was appointed interim head of the school for one term before a full recruitment process was carried out.
The force said the officers dispatched to the address were needed to secure electronic devices and care for the children there.
A spokesman said: “The arrests were necessary to fully investigate the allegations as is routine in these types of matters.
“Following further investigations, officers deemed that no further action should be taken due to insufficient evidence.”
Flying Eze has approached the police, school and council for further comment. The couple were terrified something had happened to their daughter
Super Admin
Prev Article
Joe Igbokwe urges Gov Soludo to investigate native doctor Akwa Okuko
Next Article
NPFL: Enyimba ready for oriental showdown with Abia Warriors